Musical instruments, equipment, and accessories aren’t cheap. Thankfully, retailers like Guitar Center offer customers price matching services. Here’s everything you need to know about the Guitar Center price match policy.
Table of Contents
- Does Guitar Center Price Match?
- Guitar Center Low Price Guarantee
- “Authorized U.S. Dealers” Explained
- Price Matching at Guitar Center
Does Guitar Center Price Match?
Yes, Guitar Center offers price matching services. If you purchase an item and see a competitor listing that’s cheaper, you can bring in the advertisement and receive a refund. You can also do the same at the time of purchase. However, certain restrictions apply.
Guitar Center Low Price Guarantee
Guitar Center provides customers with a Low Price Guarantee policy that allows them to find the best deals on a purchase. But like any other retailer policy, certain restrictions and limitations apply.
- The product must be identical and advertised by an authorized dealer
- The advertisement must be in print or online media
- You have 45 days after purchasing an item to receive a price adjustment refund
Note: Guitar Center price matches cannot be stacked or combined with other offers or promotions.
Price Adjustments After 45 Days of Purchasing
If you purchased an item from Guitar Center and found the identical product advertised at a lower price within 45 days, you qualify for price matching. You’ll need to show the print or online advertisement and bring your original receipt. Guitar Center will reimburse 100% of the difference you paid to your original form of payment.
Price Matching at the Time of Purchase
Guitar Center also offers price matching at the time of purchase. If you want to purchase a product from Guitar Center but find the identical product advertised at a lower price, you qualify for price matching.
You’ll need to show the print or online advertisement to an employee during the checkout process. The Guitar Center associate will verify the listing and walk you through the price matching process.
Price Matching Online
Guitar Center offers online price matching as well. The price matching service is based on the checkout price, including shipping and handling fees. For online price matching services, you’ll need to contact Guitar Center at 866-498-7882.
“Authorized U.S. Dealers” Explained
Guitar Center will only price match products from “authorized U.S. dealers.” Guitar Center defines authorized dealers as online or brick-and-mortar retailers whose primary services are the sale of quality musical instruments, equipment, and accessories. The authorized dealers must meet the following criteria:
- Must be authorized to sell products, including the product you want to price match.
- Must be authorized by all of the manufacturers whose products they carry.
- The product must be advertised in local or national newspapers, the internet, magazine, or catalogs by authorized U.S. dealers.
- The product must be in-stock.
Product Exclusions and Limitations
- Discontinued products
- Gray market products (products sold legally but without the brand’s permission.)
- Products with removed or defaced identification codes
- Demo and exclusive products
- Floor samples or factory rejects
- Open-box products
- Limited-quantity products
- Products from outlet centers
- Free and promotional products
- Vintages products or used goods
Advertisement Exclusions and Limitations
- Items on closeout deals
- Products bundles
- Price listing misprints
- Products on auctions or auction websites
- Products with rebates or deferred savings
- Financing and taxes are exempt
- Guitar Center has the right to limit quantities of price-matched products.
- Guitar Center will not accept photocopies of advertisements or receipts for price-matched products.
- Guitar Center uses the same rules and guidelines of the competitor’s coupon/promotion for adjustments or price matching. They will also apply any limitations or exclusions on the competitor’s listing.
- The Guitar Center Low Price Guarantee only applies to consumer purchases, not resellers. They do not offer bulk or discount pricing to businesses, schools, or institutions. You can call the Guitar Center Institutional Department at 866-498-7882 for this level of pricing or additional information.
Contact Guitar Center Customer Support
There are a few different ways you can contact Guitar Center if you need help with price matching or additional assistance.
Call the Guitar Center Call Center
You can call the Guitar Center Call Center for additional assistance at 855-770-3373. The Call Center hours are:
- Monday through Friday: 5 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. PST
- Saturday through Sunday: 6 a.m.to 7:00 p.m. PST
Use the Guitar Center Chat
You can contact Guitar Center Customer Support using the chat option online. Simply visit the Customer Service page and click the “Chat” button. You can use the live chat feature by entering your information and selecting your support type in the chat window.
Price Matching at Guitar Center
Guitar Center offers price matching services with its Low Price Guarantee policy. If you purchased an item from Guitar Center and found the identical product advertised at a lower price within 45 days, you qualify for price matching. They also offer price matching at the time of purchase and online.
The products must be identical and from an authorized U.S. dealer. You can call the Guitar Center Call Center if you encounter issues or for additional assistance at 855-770-3373.