Thousands of people receive deliveries from USPS every day. Some customers create a USPS account to easily track and manage their orders. But some of these customers want to delete their accounts for a variety of reasons.
So how can you delete your unwanted USPS account? We cover everything you need to know in the article below.
Table of Contents
Deleting Your USPS Account
Unfortunately, USPS does not provide its customers with a formal way of deleting their accounts. USPS customers will need to contact USPS directly to delete their profile. You can submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and request they delete your account. You can also use the contact page online.
How Do I Delete My USPS Account?
USPS doesn’t have an official method for account deletion. Instead, USPS customers need to contact customer support directly and request for their accounts to be permanently removed. USPS customers have two options for deleting their accounts, including:
- Deleting USPS account via email
- Deleting USPS account via the USPS Contact Us page.
Let’s break down these two account deletion methods in more detail to help you accomplish your goal.
Delete USPS Account By Email
You’ll need to email the USPS customer support team and request that they delete your account. This process is fairly straightforward and easy to finish. The USPS contact email is email@example.com.
All you have to do is email them a basic heading with something like “Account Deletion Request.” In the email body, you can specify the reason why and other details as needed. It’s not stated how long it will take to hear back from the USPS team. However, it might be around one to four business days at the most.
Delete USPS Account Via Contact Us Page
The second way you can delete your USPS account is to request account deletion by using the official Contact Us page. The Contact Us page can be a bit tricky to navigate if you aren’t familiar with the process. Thankfully, we have steps you can follow below.
- First, launch the USPS website and log in to your account.
- From the home page, select the Support icon at the top-right-hand corner. You’ll be directed to a new page.
- From the new page, hit the Email Us button.
- Afterward, select USPS.com
- Next, select the My Online Account option.
- You’ll notice a variety of fields and prompts. Fill out your username in the provided form. Select “Can you tell us more about your Online Account issue” from the drop-down menu. Select the Profile option.
- Now, add the current date that you’re making the request. Enter your information and account delete request in the additional information space.
- Select the Next button.
- On the following page, enter any personal information that’s prompted. Select Next when you’re finished.
- Ensure you’re carefully inspecting all the information and selecting confirm to finish the process.
Now you have finished submitting an account deletion request to the USPS customer service department. You’ll most likely hear back from USPS within a few hours or days. They might request additional information or documents. However, your process will greatly vary depending on several different factors.
USPS Account Deletion Conclusion
USPS does not offer its customers a formal or straightforward method for deleting their accounts. Instead, USPS account holders will need to contact USPS directly to delete their profile. You can submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and request they delete your account. Or you can use the contact page on the USPS website.
Keep in mind that you’ll need to provide any additional information, like your username, email address, name, phone number, and details for why you need your account deleted. You’ll most likely hear back from the USPS customer service team within a few hours or business days, depending on the circumstance.