Expedia processes thousands of user requests, purchases, and complaints each day. Although the company is busy, they have a reputation for terrible customer service. Most customers have an extremely difficult time contacting Expedia customer support.
So, how can you get in touch with Expedia and resolve your issues? We cover everything you need to know in the article below.
Table of Contents
How Do I Contact Expedia Customer Service?
Expedia is hard to get in touch with, but there are several ways to get in touch with customer support, including by phone, website, and email. The most likely way to get in touch with a live person is by calling 800-319-4834, pressing one, and then entering your itinerary number.
How Do I Speak to Someone at Expedia?
Expedia doesn’t make it easy for customers to get in touch with customer support. However, there are several different methods for contacting Expedia, including by phone and email. We cover the steps in more detail below.
Use the Online Portal
One way you can receive assistance is through Expedia’s Online Customer Service Portal. Expedia allows customers to book flights, hotels, rental vehicles, cruise trips, full-service packages, and other services online. The easiest way to receive assistance is to login into your Expedia account and use the online portal.
You can find answers to frequently asked questions, helpful links, and chat with a virtual support agent online. Some of the frequently asked questions include:
- Airport check-in
- Hotel and vacation reservations
- Canceling or adjusting a trip
- Reservation mistakes
- Account issues
- Reviewing itineraries
- Locating receipts and acquiring refunds
Each question will have different answers and require different information. You can access most of the information through your Expedia account, but you’ll also need your itinerary number and email address.
Note: Contacting customer support does not guarantee that you’ll receive assistance or a reply to your questions. Unfortunately, Expedia processes thousands of requests and complaints each day. Expedia is known for its terrible customer service, and you might want to use another method for contacting them.
Get in Touch
Another way you can receive assistance is by clicking the “Get in Touch” button online. Here are the steps:
- Head to the Expedia website and navigate to the Online Customer Service Portal.
- You can find the “Get in Touch” button at the bottom of the page after selecting a question under the “Popular Topics” menu.
- You’ll notice a “Contact Us” page after hitting the button with three questions.
- You’ll need to answer these questions and prompts. You’ll also need to provide your name, phone number, and itinerary number under the third prompt labeled, “Still need help?”
- You can select whether you want Expedia to call you or email you. You’ll need to provide your email address, message, and optional attachments if you want to receive an email notification.
- Once satisfied, click the send button to finish.
Get a Live Person at Expedia
It can be difficult to reach a live person at Expedia. But the best method might be calling the toll-free number at 800-319-4834. You’ll need to follow the steps below to reach a live customer support agent at Expedia.
- Call 800-319-4834
- Press one when prompted
- Dial your itinerary number when prompted
- Wait to be transferred to a live customer support agent
This toll-free phone line is available 24 hours a day and seven days a week. But it might be best to call around 2:30 PM (GMT-4). Keep in mind that you might be on hold for a while before you reach a live customer support agent.
Call Customer Service
You can also contact Expedia customer service by calling 800-220-8176. However, you might not reach a live customer support agent, and you’ll need to follow the steps below to begin.
- Call 800-220-8176 and hit the number from the menu that aligns with your issue when prompted.
- Press 1 to change your booking
- Press 2 to adjust your flight schedule
- Press 3 to cancel a flight
- Press 4 to reconfirm your choices
- Press 5 for additional options
The Expedia customer service number is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. But it might be best to call early in the morning, around 7:30 AM (GMT-4). Keep in mind that you might be on hold for a while before you reach a live customer support agent.
Send an Email
Another way you can get in touch with Expedia customer support is through email at email@example.com. Expedia’s email address takes around 38 hours to respond to support requests on average. It’s best to send emails before or after 10:45 AM due to the high volume of requests.
Contacting Expedia Customer Support
Unfortunately, Expedia has a well-known reputation for terrible customer support. Expedia is hard to get in touch with, but you can access customer support by phone, website, and email. You can use Expedia’s Online Customer Service Portal to find answers to frequently asked questions, use helpful links, and speak with a virtual customer support agent.
If you want to talk to a live person, the best way is typically by calling 800-319-4834, pressing one, and then entering your itinerary number. You can also contact Expedia customer service by calling 800-220-8176 or emailing them directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.