GameStop processes thousands of online orders each day. But some customers need to cancel their orders for a variety of reasons.
So, how can you cancel an online order at GameStop or adjust your shipment? Here’s everything you need to know.
Table of Contents
- Canceling an Order on GameStop
- How to Cancel an Order on GameStop Online
- GameStop Return Policy Explained
- How Long Will It Take for My Order to Arrive?
- GameStop Online Order Cancellation
Canceling an Order on GameStop
You have to cancel an online GameStop order within 14 to 30 days of purchasing. You cancel an online GameStop order through the official website and account section. You might be charged additional fees for an early cancellation, but your experience will vary.
How to Cancel an Order on GameStop Online
You can easily cancel an online order through the official GameStop website. All you have to do is follow the steps below.
- Head over to the official GameStop website.
- Navigate to your account by clicking on the Account button near the upper right corner of the page.
- You’ll need to log into your profile if you aren’t already logged in. You will be directed to the Dashboard page after logging in.
- From the dashboard, locate the order you want to cancel from the Previous Orders section.
- Click the order you want to cancel.
- Select the Cancel Order button next to the order to finish the task. Be sure to follow any more prompts provided by GameStop.
Note: If there isn’t a Cancel Order button, the order has already been shipped. Unfortunately, it is too late to cancel an order that has already been shipped.
Cancel a GameStop Order Over the Phone
You can call GameStop at 1-800-883-8895 If you can’t access the online GameStop website or prefer to handle things over the phone. You might have to wait for a while depending and navigate through automated menus, depending on the situation.
Explain your situation and cancellation after you reach a customer support agent. The customer support agent will help you through the cancellation process if applicable. You might need to provide additional information and wait for a return call, depending on the circumstance.
Cancel a GameStop Order by Email
You can also email GameStop directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a delivery cancellation. Be sure to provide any additional details in the message, such as the order number, the reason for cancellation, and any other account information.
You’ll typically receive a response from GameStop customer support within three to five business days. However, there is no guarantee that your cancellation will be approved, and your mileage will vary.
Visit Your Local GameStop
Lastly, you can visit your local GameStop location to submit an order cancellation. You’ll need to request a manager and speak to them about canceling your order. You might need to include the reasons and additional order details.
However, sometimes GameStop locations and in-store teams can’t help you with orders that are placed online. They might only be capable of providing you with what to do next and giving you a better idea of the process. It’s still worth a shot if you’re out of other options.
Things to Keep In Mind
There are a few things you should keep in mind if you need to cancel a GameStop order or you’re considering making a purchase. Here’s what you need to know:
- You can only cancel orders if you submit the cancellation request before your credit or debit card is charged.
- You’ll need to navigate to the My Account section of the GameStop store to cancel an order immediately. You’ll need to click the Orders tab and select the order that you want to cancel.
- You will need to submit a formal cancellation by contacting the GameStop customer support crew if your card has been charged and you don’t have a cancelation option.
GameStop Return Policy Explained
You might need to return your products and orders if you can’t cancel them in time. But there are a few things you need to know about the GameStop Return Policy. Here’s a breakdown:
- You have a maximum of 30 days to return or exchange in-store and online purchases unless the purchase doesn’t meet the qualifications.
- You can exchange and return most products at in-store locations or online. You can also make returns and receive additional assistance by calling customer service at 1-800-883-8895.
- You’ll need to provide your in-store receipt or order number to successfully process a return or product exchange.
- GameStop will provide a reimbursement for the purchase price, applicable taxes, and any fees from the original payment or provide a replacement product.
There are a few exceptions to the GameStop Return Policy that you should keep in mind. Here’s a quick breakdown:
- GameStop has the right to decline exchanges and returns even if the customer has a receipt.
- All returns and exchanges require a receipt or order number.
- Refunds can be recharged for lost items if GameStop verifies delivery or abuse.
- GameStop has the final say for accepting or declining any products that are eligible for return.
- GameStop will never accept ineligible products for return under any circumstance.
- GameStop has the sole discretion to refuse returns if the product is deemed to be a potential health or safety hazard.
- GameStop has the right to close any online GameStop accounts. GameStop also has the right to cancel or refuse returns for violations of the return policy and any fraudulent activities.
Note: You can find additional information and exceptions about the GameStop Return Policy here.
How Long Will It Take for My Order to Arrive?
GameStop processes orders in around one to three business days. However, your products will take longer to arrive. Most online deliveries take about two to five business days to arrive after they’ve been processed. In total, you might have to wait anywhere from 5 to 10 business days for the order to arrive. But as always, this will vary depending on several different factors.
What Shipping Service Does Gamestop Use?
GameStop uses FedEx delivery for online orders in the United States. Deliveries from FedEx can take around one to ten business days to arrive after processing and shipping. But your mileage may vary, depending on the circumstance.
Will I Receive a Tracking Number?
GameStop will send you a tracking number after you order online. You can use the tracking number on the FedEx platform to see where your order is if you’re in the United States.
How Can I Track My Delivery From GameStop?
You can track your GameStop delivery from your GameStop account. You’ll need to log into your profile, scroll through your account info, and locate “order status”. From there, you can use your email, confirmation code, and zip code to locate your delivery. You might need to click on “Check Status” when you’re on the next page. The tracking data and order information should be available on this page.
GameStop Online Order Cancellation
There are several different ways to cancel a GameStop order, including the online website, over the phone, by email, and in person. You cancel an online GameStop order through the official website and account section. You might be charged additional fees for an early cancellation, but your experience will vary.
You can also call GameStop at 1-800-883-8895 to cancel an order over the phone. Alternatively, you can email GameStop directly at email@example.com to request a delivery cancellation. You’ll need to provide additional information upon request, including the order number.