One of the ways DoorDash has partnered with restaurants is through their Red Card. The Red Card allows delivery drivers to place and pay for orders at select locations.
However, many dashers are experiencing frequent issues with the Red Card and DoorDash software. Thankfully, these issues are easy to troubleshoot and resolve.
Table of Contents
Why Can’t I Activate My DoorDash Red Card?
Your Red Card activation could have failed for a variety of reasons. If you didn’t complete the entire sign-up process, you might run into issues. Internet and WiFi problems can also affect Red Card activation. Software and device malfunction can also negatively affect activation.
Unfinished Applications Can Cause Errors
Incomplete sign-up processes are one of the most common reasons for users experiencing Red Card activation errors. DoorDash won’t allow you to activate and use your Red Card if you haven’t received a Welcome message stating your account is active.
If you’ve completed the sign-up process, DoorDash recommends waiting a few days before trying again.
DoorDash Sign-Up Process Simplified
By this point, you’ve probably already signed up for DoorDash and completed the application. However, incomplete applications can cause Red Card errors. Follow along with this guide to ensure you’ve successfully completed the DoorDash sign-up process.
- Complete your DoorDash account. You can sign-up here. Keep in mind; you’ll need to provide an email address and phone number.
- Provide your profile information, such as name and password.
- Choose your vehicle type and add the necessary details.
- Consent and submit a background check. If you include a vehicle, you will also be asked to provide a motor vehicle report.
- Provide your bank account and payment information
- Download the Dasher app and begin your first order.
- After your first successful delivery, you’ll be prompted to enter a mailing address for the DoorDash Welcome Kit.
Related: Why is Doordash closed?
Don’t Forget to Check Your Status
If you’ve started the DoorDash application process mentioned above and haven’t finished, you have three options to continue.
- Visit doordash.com/dash and select “Already started signing up?”. Enter your email address, phone number, and other information you used to sign-up. Afterward, you’ll have the option to pick up where you left off.
- Check your email for the “Activation Confirmation” or “Background Check” letter. These emails may contain further instructions and details.
- Check to see if your account is Active by using the Dasher App. Open the Dasher App. If you see a button that says “Dash Now” or “Schedule,” then your account is approved and active.
Internet and WiFi problems can also affect your Red Card activation status. Follow these simple steps before setting up your Red Card for the best results:
- Before setting up your Red Card, ensure you’re connected to a stable internet connection.
- If the card isn’t activating, force quit your Dasher app.
- Wait 30 seconds to a minute before re-launching the Dasher app.
- Try activating the card again.
The DoorDash app could be another reason your Red Card won’t activate. If the app is experiencing freezes, glitches, or you’re receiving error messages, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app gets rid of any corrupted files and ensures you’re using the latest version. Follow the steps provided below to begin:
- Uninstall the DoorDash software
- Shut down your phone for 3-5 seconds, then reboot.
- Once your phone has restarted, reinstall the DoorDash app.
Whenever you see that the Doordash prices are higher than menu, don’t panic. It’s normal and not an error.
Another popular error is the error validating basket.
Contact Customer Support
Lastly, you should contact the DoorDash customer support team if you’re still experiencing software issues. Keep in mind; they may ask for extra information and details such as your software version, device, etc. Never give out your account or personal information to anyone, even a DoorDash representative.
Why Isn’t My Red Card Activated?
You may experience Red Card activation failure for a variety of reasons. Incomplete sign-up processes, internet connectivity issues, and software glitches can cause your card to malfunction. If you’re experiencing issues, ensure you’ve finished the application process and are connected to a stable internet connection. If that doesn’t resolve the problem, you can always contact DoorDash customer support to speak with an agent.
Interested in more Doordash content? Read the how to quit Doordash article next.