Walmart is the largest retailer in the world, offering over 120,000 products, financial services, and even custom cakes and desserts.
You can find several pre-made and custom desserts at affordable prices at the Walmart bakery department. Here’s everything you need to know about ordering a cake from Walmart.
Table of Contents
How Do I Order Cake From Walmart?
Walmart offers a wide variety of pre-made cakes and desserts in the bakery department. You can also order custom cakes and treats in-store or online. You can select different sizes, flavors, designs, and messages at affordable rates. You’ll typically need to place custom orders at least 24 hours in advance.
Ordering a Cake From Walmart Explained
You’ll find a wide variety of pre-made cakes, cupcakes, and desserts at the Walmart bakery. However, you can also order custom cakes and desserts for nearly any special occasion. You have two options for placing custom orders, including in-store and online.
Walmart offers several customization options for desserts and cakes. Here are some of the options for you to choose from:
- Cake size includes sheet, round, tiers, and more.
- Cake flavors include chocolate, marble, vanilla, and yellow.
- Cake icing type and color, including buttercream, whipped, and several shades.
- Select if you want a filling including Strawberry and Bavarian Creme
- Select the top and bottom borders, including the design and colors
- Add optional decorations, including flowers, balloons, and toppings
- Add optional handwritten messages up to 50 characters and the color
Keep in mind that some Walmart bakeries might not carry every customization option, and your experience will vary. You can also add special instructions for the bakery and custom orders. However, special instructions and notes might lead to additional fees.
How to Order a Cake In-Store
You can order custom-designed cakes and desserts from in-store Walmart locations using the bakery department. Follow the steps below to begin:
- Visit your local Walmart. You can use the official location finder to find a store near you.
- Find the bakery department. The bakery department is usually connected to the deli near the fruits and vegetables.
- Step up to the bakery counter and speak with an employee to begin filling out an order form.
- Fill out the form, including the customization options listed above, pick-up time, and more.
Remember, you can add special instructions or ask the bakery department questions if you have any concerns.
How to Order a Cake Online
You can order custom-designed cakes and desserts from Walmart online by following the steps below:
- Head over to the online Walmart Custom Cakes page to begin.
- If you scroll down, you’ll notice several custom cake options and pre-made designs. You can select to fully customize sheet cakes, round cakes, and cupcakes.
- Select your customizable cake. You’ll be directed to another page where you can begin customizing.
- The customization options will start with the size and direct you through the different options available.
- Hit the check-out button once you’re satisfied. From there, you’ll need to select your pickup location and pickup date.
- You’ll need to pay for the order and provide your name, email, and phone number.
Walmart will send you a reminder when your order is ready and will hold it for a maximum of 48 hours after the scheduled pickup time. Keep in mind that you might need to bring your photo ID and order confirmation receipt or email when you pick up the cake.
Walmart Custom Cake Prices
One of the main benefits of the bakery department is that Walmart offers customizable cakes and desserts at several affordable rates. The cost of an order will range from $10 to over $70, depending on the type, size, and customized options.
Walmart Sheet Cake Prices
Walmart offers multiple sizes of sheet cakes ranging from 12 servings to 96, allowing customers to find the perfect size for nearly any occasion. Here are the different prices of sheet cakes offered:
- 12 Serving Sheet Cake: $10.98
- 24 Serving Sheet Cake: $19.98
- 48 Serving Sheet Cake: $29.98
- 96 Serving Sheet Cake: $42.98
Walmart Round Cake Prices
You can also select smaller customized round cakes from the Walmart bakery department ranging from 12 to 24 servings. Here are the different prices available:
- 12 Serving Round Cake: $29.98
- 16 Serving Round Cake: $12.98
- 24 Serving Round Cake: $29.98
More on this topic here: does Walmart deliver cigarettes , does Walmart sell bags of ice , how to cancel Walmart plus subscription.
Can I Order Cake From Walmart?
Yes, you can order customized cakes and desserts from the Walmart bakery department via in-store forms or online. You can order cakes from in-store locations by visiting the bakery department, speaking with a team member, and filling out an order form.
Or you can order a customized cake online. You can head over to the Walmart Custom Cakes page, select your cake, and customize it. You’ll need to select a pick-up location and time and pay for your cake at checkout.
You can select different sizes, flavors, designs, and messages at affordable rates. You’ll typically need to place custom orders at least 24 hours in advance. Use the official store locator to find a Walmart near you.