Goodwill is one of the largest thrift stores in the United States. Many people shop at Goodwill for second-hand merchandise and deals.
Don’t panic if you’re trying to find the best deals in your area. We cover everything you need to know about the Goodwill restocking schedule to help you secure the best deals in your area. Read on for more information.
Table of Contents
How Often Does Goodwill Restock?
Goodwill restores their shelves a few hours after receiving a large batch of product donations. Restocks typically take place on Monday and can take up to 24 hours for short-staffed stores. The best times to visit Goodwill might be on Monday and Tuesday, depending on your area.
If you’re looking for the best second-hand products or deals in your area, you’ll need to understand the Goodwill restocking schedule. Here are some basics to keep in mind:
- Not all Goodwill locations follow the same restocking schedule, and you’ll want to consult the management team for the most accurate information available.
- Goodwill restocks multiple times throughout the week, but typically on Monday after they receive the Sunday donation.
- Short-staffed stores can take a while to replenish shelves. You’ll want to check back on Tuesdays for these locations.
- The best times to shop at Goodwill might be the first and third Mondays of the month, depending on your area and the store.
- You can use the online Store Locator to find nearby Goodwill stores in your city.
Every Goodwill location will have a different restocking schedule depending on the location, the number of donations, staff, and other factors. However, many Goodwill stores stock shelves one to three times a week. Many locations stock shelves on Monday and have new thrift merchandise available on Tuesday mornings.
Because all Goodwill locations vary, you’ll need to contact your local Goodwill and speak with a manager for the most accurate information available.
What Times Does Goodwill Restock?
Each Goodwill store has different restocking time frames depending on the location, number of donations, management, and additional factors. However, many Goodwill locations replenish shelves on Monday and Tuesdays throughout business hours.
Some short-staffed locations may have new merchandise on Tuesday, even if they received donations on Monday or Sunday. As all Goodwill locations are different, you’ll need to contact your local Goodwill for the most accurate information available.
Same Restocking Schedule
As mentioned earlier, not all Goodwill locations will have the same restocking schedule. Many locations stock merchandise one to three times a week, with Monday being the most common day. Be sure to contact your local Goodwill and speak with a supervisor for the most accurate information possible.
How Long Do It Take
Goodwill merchandise restocks can take quite a bit of time, especially for understaffed stores. For instance, a Goodwill may receive new donations on Monday and won’t finish replenishing merchandise until Tuesday. However, this can vary on a store-by-store basis. You can consult your nearest Goodwill for the most accurate information available.
The exact merchandise Goodwill restocks depend on the type of donation they receive. However, Goodwill carries several second-hand products, including the following:
- Home Decor
- Craft Supplies
- Musical instruments
- Sports equipment
The products available vary from location to location. You’ll need to scope out your local Goodwill to see what they regularly carry and have in stock.
Best Day to Shop at Goodwill
The best day to shop at Goodwill will highly depend on the store, location, and donations they receive. One thing is for sure, though, most locations receive donations on Sunday nights and Monday mornings. New merchandise will be available on Monday, as long as the store is adequately employed.
If a store doesn’t have enough staff members, new merchandise is typically available on Tuesday. For these reasons, the first and third Monday of the month are some of the best days to shop at Goodwill. Other times may include Tuesdays, depending on the location.
As mentioned earlier, all of this will depend on the store, region, and types of donations they receive. You’ll need to contact your local Goodwill for the most accurate information possible. Otherwise, you can regularly shop at a Goodwill to learn when certain items are available and ready.
Goodwill Near You
You’ll need to know the available stores in your area if you’re searching for the best second-hand products and deals in your area. Luckily, you can follow the steps below to find your nearest Goodwill location.
- Visit the Goodwill Store Finder online at https://www.goodwill.org/locator/.
- Enter your city, state, or zip code in the search field provided. Click the magnifying glass to pull up a list of available stores in your area.
- You can also use the drop-down filter menu to narrow your search to specific locations like retail, outlet, or donation center.
After you pull up a list of available stores in your area, you can click on a store for more information. You can view information like directions, store hours, and contact details.
Goodwill Opening Hours
All Goodwill locations will have different hours of operation depending on the region, store, major holidays, and several other factors. Some locations open at 9:00 AM, while others open at 7:00 AM. That being said, your local Goodwill might have similar hours to the following:
- Saturday: 7:00AM to 5:00 PM
- Sunday: 7:00AM to 5:00 PM
- Monday: 7:00AM to 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 7:00AM to 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 7:00AM to 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 7:00AM to 5:00 PM
- Friday: 7:00AM to 5:00 PM
Remember that these are only estimated hours, and your local Goodwill may differ. You can use the online Store Finder to locate your nearest Goodwill and determine its hours of operation.
Find The Best Deals at Goodwill
Follow these tips if you’re shopping for the best second-hand products and deals at a Goodwill near you:
- Visit multiple Goodwill stores: Visiting multiple Goodwill locations can help you find the best merchandise in your area.
- Check frequently: Checking frequently can help you find the best products and allows you to gauge your Goodwill operating procedures.
- Talk to the employees: Making friends with Goodwill employees can provide you with an inside scoop on restocking schedules and the best times to shop.
You can use the online Store Finder to find multiple Goodwill locations in your area to help you secure the best deals in your area.
Goodwill restocks merchandise a few hours after they receive a large batch of donations. Goodwill typically receives donations on Sunday and restocks shelves on Monday. However, short-staffed locations may finish restocking on Tuesday.
The best times to shop at Goodwill might be the first and third Monday of the month, depending on your area. You can use the online Store Finder to find multiple Goodwill locations in your area.