Bass Pro Shops processes thousands of orders every month. Some customers need to return items due to quality or satisfaction issues.
But it can be tricky to figure out the return process if you aren’t sure what to look for. Thankfully, we cover everything you need to know in the article below.
Table of Contents
- Does Bass Pro Shops Have a Return Policy?
- Bass Pro Shops Return Policy Explained
- How to Return a Bass Pro Shops Product
- Return a Product In-Store
- The Return Policy at Bass Pro Shops
Does Bass Pro Shops Have a Return Policy?
Bass Pro Shops provides customers with a Return Policy for online and catalog purchases. You can return or exchange eligible items at in-store locations or by mail up to 60 days of the original transaction. You’ll also need the original proof of purchase. Certain restrictions and limitations may apply.
Bass Pro Shops Return Policy Explained
Generally speaking, the Bass Pro Shops Return Policy allows customers to return products purchased online or with the catalog. Here are the basics to give you a better idea of what to expect:
- You have 60 days after the original transaction to return or exchange products.
- You can return or exchange products in-store or by mail.
- You need verified proof of receipt or purchase.
- You can return products to either retailer, regardless if the products are from Bass Pro Shops or Cabela’s.
- Products returned after 60 days must pass an inspection to qualify.
Bass Pro Shops Exclusions and Limitations
Bass Pro Shops applies specific restrictions and limitations to its Return Policy. Here are some of the exclusions and limitations you might come across:
- Online orders purchased with Stretch Your Payments or PayPal methods qualify for in-store returns, but you can only receive a gift certificate.
- You must return transactions completed from Sunglass Hut retailers to the same locations.
- Products bought from cabelas.ca or Canadian Cabela’s in-store locations have to be refunded to Cabela’s Canada.
- Drones and gasoline-powered products do not qualify for a return if they’ve been used, have symptoms of use, or if oil or gasoline was added after purchase.
- Drones and gasoline-powered products can be returned if they’re unused up to 60 days of the original transaction, as long as you have the original proof of purchase and packaging.
- If you added gasoline or oil in the 60 days that have passed, any manufacturer contracts are eligible, and the product must be refunded to the manufacturer.
- Personalized product purchases, including certain makes and models, need to be sent back to the manufacturer.
- Products that have been altered or adjusted do not qualify for a return.
- Bargain Cave products bought at in-store locations do not qualify for a refund.
- Guns, Ammo, Black powder guns, Primers, Reloading Lead, Brass or Bullets, Treestands, and Mouth Calls do not qualify for a return. (You can contact Customer Service for additional assistance if you have a damaged or defective product.)
- Merchandise that has been refurbished does not qualify for reimbursement.
Returns Without a Receipt or Proof of Transaction
In some cases, you might need to return an item without the original receipt or proof of purchase. Here are some considerations to keep in mind:
- Merchandise returned without the original proof of purchase is completed at the lowest listing price, including any sales tax. These products can be traded out for identical items or reimbursed for in-store credit gift certificates.
- You must have a valid photo ID upon request.
- Bass Pro Shops can limit or refuse returns or exchanges that do not include the original receipt or proof of transaction.
Returns After 60 Days of Purchasing
In some cases, you might need to return an item after 60 days from the original transaction date. Here are some considerations to keep in mind:
- Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s footwear and wades have a one-year warranty protecting against manufacturer errors. The manufacturer warranty does not apply to normal damages from daily use.
- Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s rods have one-year warranties. Some branded rods include a ten-year warranty. You’ll need to consult your product details to determine how long your product is under warranty. You can find more about Bass Pro Shops warranties here.
- Electronic and non-branded rods and reels need to be refunded to the manufacturer for service or repair up to 60 days. You can find more about Bass Pro Shops warranties here.
- Bass Pro Shops will help you with a boat, trailer, and ATVs/UTVs repairs, as long as they are under the manufacturer’s contract timeframe.
How to Return a Bass Pro Shops Product
Bass Pro Shops allows customers to return or exchange most eligible items. The return process can be quite lengthy if you aren’t sure what to look out for. Here’s what you should keep in mind.
Step 1: Visit the Return My Order Page
Step 2: Select Your Return Option
From the Return My Order page, you’ll need to select how you purchased your product. You have three options to choose from, including:
- I purchased it online or by phone.
- I purchased it at a US retail store.
- The item was a gift purchased by someone else.
Select whichever option pertains best to your situation and follow the prompts on the next screen.
Step 3: Select to Return by Mail or In-Store
After selecting how you purchased your product, you’ll need to select whether you’re returning your product by mail or at an in-store location.
Step 4: Follow the Prompts and Finish
After selecting how you plan to return your product, you’ll need to follow the prompts on the Return My Order Page. You’ll be asked if you need a return label, what kind of item you’re returning, and more.
Return a Product In-Store
You’ll need to use the Return My Order page to start the in-store return process. You’ll need to follow the prompts and answer what kind of item you’re returning and how you purchased it. There might be some exclusions or limitations, depending on the product you’re returning.
What Do I Need?
- You need the original receipt or order number
- You need a valid government photo ID.
Note: If you paid by cash or check, you will be reimbursed with cash at the in-store location. Your credit card will be reimbursed if you paid with a credit card for the original transaction.
What If I Don’t Have a Receipt?
You can return products if you don’t have the original receipt, but you’ll need a valid government photo ID. You might receive an in-store gift certificate instead of cash back. Bass Pro Shops has the right to limit the number of returns or refuse orders without the original proof of purchase.
Where Do I Go for Returns?
You’ll need to head over to the Bass Pro Shops greeter’s desk to start the return process. Consult a customer service representative to start processing the reimbursement or exchange request.
The Return Policy at Bass Pro Shops
Bass Pro Shops provides customers with a Return Policy for online and catalog purchases. You can return or exchange eligible items at in-store locations or by mail up to 60 days of the original transaction. You’ll also need the original proof of purchase.
You can start your return by visiting the Return My Order page. You’ll need to follow the on-screen prompts and answer basic questions to start the process. From there, you can return your product if you qualify.