Postmates provides customers with a convenient, affordable, and secure way to order food delivery and pickup orders. However, many customers are wondering how to change their passwords.
Here’s everything you need to know and more about changing Postmates passwords and updating account information.
Table of Contents
Changing Your Postmates Password
The fastest way to reset your Postmates password is by selecting “Request a link to reset your password” below the login screen. You’ll need to enter the email address linked to your account. You’ll receive an email containing a password reset link that expires after 10 minutes.
How to Change Your Postmates Password
There are a few different ways you can change your Postmates password. However, some Postmates accounts don’t use passwords and use two-factor authentication systems connected to phone numbers. We’ll cover both methods below.
I Forgot My Password
Postmates states that the fastest way to reset a password is by selecting “Request a link to reset password” below the login details. Here are the steps below:
- Select the “Request a link to reset password” below the log in detail screen.
- Enter the email address that is connected with your account and wait for a confirmation email.
- You’ll receive a confirmation email from Postmates that contains a password reset link. The link will expire after 10 minutes.
- Select this link. You’ll be directed to a new page where you can enter your new, desired password. Follow any prompts necessary to finish the steps.
Postmates states that you should create a unique password and not share your account information through email or other forms of communication. Postmates customer support will never ask for your password.
Changing Postmates Password With Phone Number
Some Postmates accounts don’t have passwords. For these cases, Postmates uses a two-factor authentication system that uses your phone number instead of a password. Here are the steps below.
- Open the Postmates application on your iOS or Android device. Select the “Get Started” button at the bottom of the welcome screen. If you see available restaurants in your area, you’re already logged in and don’t have to change anything.
- Enter the phone number linked to your Postmates account when prompted.
- You’ll receive a text message at the linked number. The text message will contain a four-digit code that you can use to access your account. Enter the four-digit code into the boxes on the app.
- You’ll be logged in and have access to the Postmates app after you’ve entered the correct code.
Updating Your Postmates Account Information
You can also update your Postmates account information if you deem it necessary. You can edit the following:
- Your name
- Your email
- Your phone number
- Your profile picture
How to Update Your Postmates Account Information
- Select “Account” at the bottom of the Postmates app.
- Hit “View Account,” then select “Edit account” by your username at the top of the app.
- Select the details you wish to change and enter the updated data.
- From there, you’ll need to enter a verification code or password to confirm your changes.
- You’ll be prompted to enter a verification code or current password to verify your change.
Confirming Your Postmates Account Change
Postmates uses verification codes to ensure you’re the one making alterations to your information. Here is what you can expect when confirming Postmates account changes:
- Phone number: Postmates will send you a verification code through text message. You’ll need to enter the verification code in the app when prompted to confirm changes.
- Email (iOS only): Postmates will send you a verification code to your new email address. You’ll need to enter the code in the Postmates app to confirm changes. Postmates will also send notification emails to your previously linked email address. If you can’t find the email, check your spam or junk folders. You should also inspect the spelling of your email address to ensure everything is accurate. You can select “I’m having trouble” if you’re still encountering issues.
- Password: Postmates will prompt you to enter your current password in the Postmates app. Your Postmates password needs to be at least five characters long to be accepted.
Changing Postmates Password Summarized
Postmates accounts will either have a password or a two-factor authentication system using a phone number. If your account has a password, you can reset it by selecting “Request a link to reset your password” below the login screen. You’ll need to enter the email address linked to your account. You’ll receive an email containing a password reset link that expires after 10 minutes.
You can open the Postmates app and select “Get Started” if your account has a two-factor authentication system. Afterward, you can enter your linked phone number, where you’ll receive a text message with a four-digit verification code. After entering the code, you can access the Postmates app.