Macy’s is a large retailer that processes thousands of orders each month. The company sells a wide array of products that are carried by a few competing locations.
Macy’s customers are wondering if they can request price matches or price adjustments to get the best deal. Here’s everything you need to know.
Table of Contents
Does Macy’s Match Competitor Prices?
Macy’s matches competitor prices for select items. The products must be identical and in stock at Macy’s and the competitor location. You’ll need to show proof of purchase and the competitor listing. Macy’s also offers price adjustments. You can contact Macy’s customer service to claim a price match or price adjustment.
Macy’s Price Match Policy
Macy’s offers price matching for a few competitor locations and for select products. However, certain restrictions apply, including the following:
- The products must be completely identical
- The products must be in-stock at Macy’s and the competitor location
- You must show proof of purchase and the competitor listing
- Macy’s will only price match products from select competitor’s
Which Retailers Will Macy’s Price Match?
Macy’s will only match retail prices from select competitors. You’ll need to show proof of the competitors listing upon request. Some qualifying retail locations include:
- Bon Ton
- Crate and Barrel
- Neiman Marcus
- Saks Fifth Avenue
- Sur La Table
- William Sonoma
Note: You’ll need to complete a Price Adjustment Request Form for online purchases. You can contact Macy’s customer service at 800-289-6229 for questions or additional assistance.
Will Macy’s Price Match a Mattress?
Macy’s offers price matching services for mattresses. That being said, certain restrictions and limitations apply, including the following:
- The price match must be within $100 from a competitor location.
- The mattress must have identical details, including the brand, design, or model information.
- You must have proof of the mattress price and other details. Proof can include printed advertisements, email ads, competitor listings, or a purchase receipt.
- You must have your original Macy’s sales receipt from the past ten days.
- You have up to ten days from the date the order was placed online.
- You must have details of the competitor’s in-store location.
- In-store coupons, taxes, delivery, removal, and service charges do not qualify for price matching or adjustments.
- Mattresses from secondhand locations or competitors with membership fees do not qualify for price matching.
Note: You might need to contact your in-store Macy’s location for additional assistance. Alternatively, you can contact Macy’s customer service at 800-289-6229 for questions or additional assistance.
Macy’s Price Adjustment Policy
Macy’s also provides customers with the Price Adjustment Policy. The Price Adjustment Policy allows you to request a reimbursement if you purchase an item and it goes on sale within 10 days. However, the following restrictions apply:
- You must request a price adjustment within 10 days of purchasing
- You must have bought the product without using a promo code or discount
- You must show the original receipt or order number upon requesting a price adjustment
- You will be reimbursed to the original form of payment if the request is approved
- Macy’s does not accept price adjustment requests from third parties or applications
Price Adjustments for Apple Products
Macy’s also offers price adjustments for select Apple products. Price adjustments for Apple iPhone devices can be approved if the same product is available at a lower price within 14 days of the transaction. Other Apple items can be adjusted within 30 days of the original transaction.
How to Request a Price Adjustment at Macy’s
You’ll need to request a Macy’s price adjustment online. You can use the Chat Online tool at the end of the customer support page to consult a representative. You must make a request within 10 days of the transaction date. You’ll also need the following information:
- Order code
- Valid email account
- Your first and last name
- Delivery address
- Products to adjust
- Promotional event or dates
- Promotion Code (optional)
- Reason for messaging
Macy’s states not to submit your account code for security reasons. Macy’s does not accept price adjustment requests from third parties or applications for security purposes. They will only accept requests submitted by the original customer.
Note: You can contact Macy’s customer service at 800-289-6229 for questions or additional assistance.
Price Matching at Macy’s
Macy’s matches competitor prices for select items. The products must be identical and in stock at Macy’s and the competitor location. You’ll need to show proof of purchase and the competitor listing.
Macy’s also offers price adjustments for qualifying items. Price adjustments must be made within 10 days of the original transaction date. You can use the Chat Online button to contact Macy’s customer support or call 800-289-6229 to start the process.