One of the many reasons delivery apps have become popular is because of their fast payment options. Drivers find it incredibly accessible to withdraw their earnings each day.
Fast payment options are effective, but many drivers can encounter issues while trying to access their funds.
Table of Contents
- Why Won’t Fast Pay Work on DoorDash?
- Can I Acess Fast Pay Outside The US?
- Do Active Dashes Count Towards Fast Pay?
- My Debit Card Balance is Negative. Can I Access Fast Pay?
- What’s Dasher Direct?
- What’s The Minimum Balance I Need to Use Fast Pay?
- How Often Can I Use Fast Pay?
- What Happens if I Change Bank Accounts or Debit Cards?
- Why is My Earnings Tab Showing $0?
- Is the Fast Pay Fee Worth It?
- Why Isn’t My Fast Pay Working With DoorDash?
Why Won’t Fast Pay Work on DoorDash?
Reasons Why Fast Pay Won’t Work
There are a few common issues as to why dashers would encounter problems with Fast Pay. Here are the most likely reasons why DoorDash Fast Pay isn’t working:
- You aren’t located in the United States.
- You do not meet the Fast Pay requirements.
- You don’t have any pending earnings, or your only earnings are part of an active Dash.
- Your connected debit card account has a negative balance.
- You’re using Dasher Direct, a new Visa card program that DoorDash offers.
- You do not have at least $1.99 in your balance.
- You have already used Fast Pay for that day.
You may also want to check if your DoorDash app needs any updates or has any bugs. Additionally, the problem may be with your bank and none of the issues listed above.
Keep in mind that there can be a delay with your earnings showing up. It may be wise to restart your app and phone before jumping to conclusions. If you are still having issues, you can check out the official site here.
Can I Acess Fast Pay Outside The US?
DoorDash no longer offers Fast Pay outside of the United States, including Canada. DoorDash has not stated whether or not they plan to implement such features. However, they have said they will communicate when these services are available.
Do Active Dashes Count Towards Fast Pay?
Active dashes or orders do not count towards your Fast Pay. Once you complete the order, it will be added to your earnings. From there, you can access Fast Pay and get paid for the order.
My Debit Card Balance is Negative. Can I Access Fast Pay?
Unfortunately, in some cases, if your debit card balance is negative, you will not be able to access Fast Pay. The exact reason for this is unclear, but it might be specific to certain banks.
What’s Dasher Direct?
Dasher Direct is a new service DoorDash is offering.
- Dasher Direct offers daily deposits without a fee, cashback rewards, and a banking app.
- Dasher Direct might not be compatible with Fast Pay. For more information, you can check out the official site.
What’s The Minimum Balance I Need to Use Fast Pay?
To use Fast Pay, you need to have at least $1.99 total earnings in your DoorDash app. This amount is because Fast Pay has a $1.99 fee. Keep in mind that the app may take a second to show your earnings after you complete a dash.
How Often Can I Use Fast Pay?
One of the reasons Fast Pay may not be working is if you have already cashed out that day. You can only use Fast Pay once per day. This includes instances of using Fast Pay at 12:01 AM.
Can I Cancel a Fast Pay Transfer?
No, you will not be able to cancel a payment once you initiate a Fast Pay money transfer. Once the Fast Pay Transfer is complete, you will receive an email confirmation.
What Happens if I Change Bank Accounts or Debit Cards?
If you update your debit card or bank account connected to your Fast Pay, you will not be able to use Fast Pay for 7 days. This 7-day restriction is in place for the safety of DoorDash drivers.
Are All Banks Eligible For Fast Pay?
DoorDash has not stated if certain banks are ineligible for Fast Pay. However, prepaid cards such as gift cards or reloadable debit cards will not work with Fast Pay at this time.
Why is My Earnings Tab Showing $0?
Your earnings tab within the DoorDash app could be showing $0 because:
- A recently completed order hasn’t finished processing.
- Earnings not transferred via Fast Pay by Sunday at midnight were transferred regularly.
- You have already used Fast Pay for the day.
- There is another issue.
The regular direct deposit processing dates happen every Sunday at midnight. These transfers typically take 2-3 business days to show up within your bank account.
If there is another issue, you may want to consider contacting your bank or DoorDash support. Here is a quick link to DoorDash support!
Is the Fast Pay Fee Worth It?
The $1.99 Fast Pay fee can add up over time and is best used sparingly. If you have any urgent expenses coming up, it can be worth using. However, here is a breakdown of the potential fees depending on how often you use the service.
- Once a week for a year: $95.52
- Twice a week for a year: $191.04
- Three times a week for a year: $286.56
- Four times a week for a year: $382.08
- Five times a week for a year: $477.33
As you can see, the fees can add up over time to a hefty amount. For these reasons, it may be better to use the regular occurring direct deposit or limit your use of Fast Pay.
Why Isn’t My Fast Pay Working With DoorDash?
You could be running into issues with Fast Pay due to your location, balance issues, and app issues. Fast Pay will only work within the US and if you meet the requirements. If you are still encountering issues, you may want to restart your phone/app or contact DoorDash support.