DoorDash and other delivery services are incredibly convenient and accessible. From early morning meals to late-night snacks, these apps seem never to quit.
Customers and drivers alike are wondering if you can genuinely use these apps 24/7.
Table of Contents
- Can You Use DoorDash 24 Hours a Day?
- What are the Best Times to Dash?
- When Do Restaurants Stop Taking Delivery Orders?
- How Can I Be More Effective While Dashing At Night?
- Can I Order DoorDash 24 Hours a Day?
Can You Use DoorDash 24 Hours a Day?
Yes, you can use and drive for DoorDash 24 hours a day. However, some restaurants may not be open for 24 hours or into the late evenings. Additionally, it may be more challenging to receive orders as there are fewer drivers into the night.
What is the Best Time to Order?
As a customer, the best time to order is going to be when you’re hungry. However, peak hours are going to be during the lunch and dinner rush. It may be a good idea to place your order slightly before these timeframes to get your food on time.
However, you may have more challenges receiving orders later into the night. Few drivers are working from 10 PM to 2 AM, which means your order may take longer to be delivered to you. On top of that, you may not even receive your order if no driver is working.
What are the Best Times to Dash?
The best times to dash are going to vary on your location and market. However, most dashers claim the best times are during lunch and dinner hours.
Some good times to drive for DoorDash include:
- 10 AM to 2 PM
- 5 PM to 10 PM
As you can see, these times don’t include the early mornings or late night shifts. That being said, those shifts can also be highly effective for specific drivers and markets. Many dashers stay out well past the 10 PM mark to break into the late-night market.
Alternatively, some Dashers prefer to start early in the mornings, around 6 AM. The best schedule for you will depend on your location, market, and lifestyle.
Will DoorDash Stop Me From Working 24 Hours Straight?
The DoorDash app will not prevent drivers from having the app running for 24 hours straight. However, the app will time out if you aren’t active for a certain period.
Several individuals have tried a 24-hour DoorDash challenge and received varying results. It’s important to note this isn’t safe, recommended, or all that profitable.
When Do Restaurants Stop Taking Delivery Orders?
Restaurants that aren’t open 24 hours will typically stop taking delivery orders 30 minutes to an hour before closing. Many restaurants close their doors around 10 PM, so you can expect to stop receiving orders from those restaurants anywhere after 9 PM.
Which Restaurants stay open 24 Hours?
The restaurants that stay open 24 hours will vary on location. Typically, fast food and breakfast diners remain open 24 hours. Some restaurants to keep in mind when dashing late at night include:
- Burger King
- Jack in the Box
- Waffle House
Other restaurants that may not be open 24 hours but later into the evenings include Taco Bell, Sonic, and Wendy’s.
How Can I Be More Effective While Dashing At Night?
If you are dashing during late-night hours, you can keep a few things in mind to be more effective.
- Keep in mind when most of the restaurants close for the night. A restaurant may stay open till 10 PM, but stop taking orders at 9:15. When you near these hours, try and move to areas with restaurants staying open later or 24 hours. You should also keep these locations in mind for bathroom breaks.
- Always carry a flashlight. A flashlight will come in handy when trying to find apartments or other hard-to-read locations in the dark. Consider wearing reflective gear as well to increase your level of safety.
- You may also want to bring an icebox with you to carry snacks and drinks. This tip can be applied for any time of day and is very useful.
- You may also want to consider arming yourself. Customers aren’t an issue, but other people can be. Late-night dashing poses the risk of running into unsavory individuals with bad intentions. Pepper spray, keychain tasers, and batons are good options. Always be sure to check with your laws locally before carrying any form of weapon.
Also, be sure to consider the location in which you’re dashing. Avoid areas with higher crime rates later into the night. If you are late-night driving, you should have safety as one of your top priorities.
Are the Tips Any Good Late at Night?
All dashers know tips are going to vary on a wide variety of factors. It almost seems to be a pure chance whether you’ll receive orders with good tips. However, the late-night shift may have decent tips starting.
10 PM to 12 AM seems to be a good time for tips. Once you start reaching the later portions of the night, tips may begin to dry out. For the best results, try out different schedules and track your results.
Is DoorDash Busy Late at Night?
The number of orders will depend on your location, market, and the day of the week you’re dashing on. Typically, late nights can be reasonably profitable.
Late-night dashing can be more profitable for specific drivers because there may not be as much competition out. Fewer people running deliveries means you have a higher chance of receiving orders.
If you are dashing late at night, it may be best to do so on the weekends. DoorDash is usually busiest from Thursday to Sunday. Staying out till 2 AM on a Tuesday may result in a worse profit margin than a Saturday.
Can I Order DoorDash 24 Hours a Day?
Yes, you can use and drive for DoorDash 24 hours a day. Fewer customers are placing orders, and fewer drivers are out delivering. It may be harder to receive orders and deliveries later into the night.