Vehicle rental services like U-Haul are highly convenient and accessible. Generally speaking, these locations are open nearly every day.
However, there are a few things to remember if you plan to use these services during the holidays. Here’s what you need to know.
Table of Contents
What Are U-Haul’s Holiday Hours?
Generally speaking, U-Haul is closed on Christmas Day. Each U-Haul location will have varying holiday schedules and hours, depending on where you live and the holiday. You can find U-Haul stores open on select holidays and select locations. Be sure to call your local U-Haul for the most accurate information.
U-Haul stores are typically on Labor Day. However, this will vary depending on your location. Visit this page to find a store near you.
U-Haul is typically open on Thanksgiving. However, their hours may vary depending on the location and store. Some U-Haul locations close early or are available later on Thanksgiving day.
New Year’s Day
Yes, U-Haul is open on New Year’s Day. The hours are usually the same on New Year’s Day as their standard non-holiday hours. However, this will vary depending on your location and store. Be sure to call ahead to avoid any headaches or frustration.
What Holidays Is U-Haul Closed On?
The only holiday U-Haul is closed on is Christmas Day. U-Haul is open nearly every other day, regardless of the holiday or occasion. However, this can change depending on your location and store. Visit this page to find a U-Haul near you.
Most Common Business Hours
Here’s a list of the most common U-Haul business hours. Keep in mind this list is for company locations and not independent dealers. Independent dealers may have different hours and availability. Visit the official location finder If you need to find a U-Haul near you.
- Mon – Thurs 7am – 7pm
- Friday 7am – 8pm
- Saturday 7am – 7pm
- Sunday 9am – 5pm
Returning The Vehicle on a Holidays
Yes, you should be eligible to return your U-Haul vehicle on holiday. U-Haul has implemented a program called U-Haul Truck Share 24/7 that allows customers to return their cars anytime or night.
How Can I Return My Vehicle on a Holiday?
Here’s how you can return your U-Haul truck on holiday, even if no team members can assist you.
- Park your vehicle and leave the keys in the ignition.
- log in to your U-Haul account via the U-Haul app.
- Now, choose the “Return My Truck” button.
- You’ll be prompted to ensure your truck is parked correctly. Follow all the instructions provided to continue.
- Next, you’ll be asked questions about the vehicle’s mileage, performance, and cleanliness. Be sure to report any damages or changes to the vehicle. You will also be required to take photos of the vehicle for verification purposes.
- Afterwards, you can review your fees and charges. Select “Complete Truck Return” to finish returning the vehicle.
- Finally, lock the vehicle and find the key drop box area. Drop your key in the provided space to complete the vehicle return.
What Holidays Is U-Haul Open On?
Generally speaking, U-Haul is open on every U.S. holiday except Christmas Day. However, this will vary depending on the location, store, and holiday. Visit U-Hauls location finder to find stores near you.