Chegg is an excellent resource for students across the globe. But many students want to delete or pause their accounts during the summer.
So, should you delete or pause your Chegg subscription? We cover everything you need to know in the article below.
Table of Contents
Deleting Your Chegg Account
You can permanently delete your Chegg account or cancel your subscriptions online. Canceling your subscription allows you access to the free portions on the Chegg platform. To delete your account, visit the account page, fill out the form, and select “data deletion request” to finish.
How to Delete Your Chegg Account
You’ll want to decide whether you’re canceling a subscription or permanently deleting your Chegg account before you can start. Canceling a Chegg subscription gives you access to free programs, like Writing Tools and Flashcards. You can reactivate your subscription anytime after you cancel it.
On the flipside, deleting your data will delete your personal information from the Chegg platform. The data in your account will be permanently removed, and you’ll need to create an entirely new account if you wish to use the Chegg platform again.
Delete Your Chegg Account
You can follow the steps below to delete your Chegg account and information from the website:
- Start by inspecting if you have any current transactions, including textbooks, eTextbook rentals, or active memberships. You will need to finish these transactions before you can delete your account. View any open orders from your Chegg account to determine the specifics.
- Ensure you’re removing any subscriptions and returning any rented textbooks. You might need to wait for the rental time frame to end for eTextbooks before you can proceed.
- After all that, you can finally fill out the Chegg account deletion form by clicking here. Select
Cancel Your Chegg Subscription
You can click here to search for any active Chegg subscriptions. You might need to log into your account if you aren’t already logged into the Chegg platform. Follow the steps below to start canceling your Chegg subscription:
- Find the subscription you want to cancel.
- On the right side of the subscription, select “Cancel Subscription.”
Chegg allows its customers to keep using a canceled subscription until the next billing date. You can reinstate a subscription at any time, even if you cancel it beforehand.
Can I Pause My Chegg Subscription?
You can pause your Chegg subscription if you don’t want to cancel it entirely. You can pause a monthly subscription by clicking here. You might need to log into your account if you aren’t already logged into the Chegg platform. Follow the steps below to pause your Chegg subscription:
- Under the Subscriptions menu, select Chegg Study and hit Pause subscription.
- Next, determine the time frame for your pause. You can select up to six months for a paused subscription.
- Finally, hit the Pause Subscription option to finish the task.
Thankfully, you will not be charged by the Chegg platform while a subscription is paused. You can also use a paused subscription until the next billing date. Your paused subscription will begin on the first day of the following billing cycle.
However, you’ll need to manage your Chegg subscription through iTunes or Google Play if you purchased your membership through those services. Pausing a subscription on Chegg’s platform will not pause charges from iTunes or Google Play.
Resuming a Subscription
- Your Chegg subscription will resume automatically after the pause duration is completed.
- You can also manually reactivate a paused subscription whenever you see fit from the Orders page on your Chegg account.
- You will be charged a prorated fee for the current billing cycle when you resume manually. Afterward, you will be charged the standard monthly subscription fee.
How to Contact Chegg Customer Support
There are several ways to contact Chegg customer support if you need additional assistance and guidance. Here’s what you need to know.
Call Chegg Directly
You can contact Chegg customer support representatives via phone call for service issues, account cancellations, and more. You will need to have your online account information on hand to make the process go smoothly. The phone number is 855-477-0177
Online Help Center
You can access the Chegg online Help Center to find answered questions and search queries for common issues. You’ll find frequently asked questions on account issues, subscriptions, textbooks, and more. You can access the Chegg online Help Center Here.
Text Chegg Directly
You can text Chegg customer support directly if you need further assistance or if the online help center didn’t answer your issues. You can text Chegg customer support at 408-351-0942. Keep in mind that any standard text message rates will apply when you text Chegg customer support.
Can I Delete My Chegg Account?
You can permanently delete your Chegg account or cancel your subscriptions online. To delete your account, visit the account page, fill out the form, and select “data deletion request” to finish. However, you’ll need to cancel any subscriptions, return textbooks, and finish open transactions before you can delete your account.
You can also pause and cancel your Chegg subscription instead. Canceling or pausing a Chegg subscription gives you access to the free portions of the platform without permanently removing your information. Be sure to visit the online Help Center if you need further assistance.