Target processes thousands of online orders and account requests each day. Some users run into errors or need to delete their accounts.
Thankfully, there are several ways you can contact Target customer support, and we cover them in the article below.
Table of Contents
Deleting Your Target Account
Unfortunately, there isn’t an official way to delete an online Target account, and you’ll need to contact Target customer support for additional assistance. You can contact Target customer support at the Contact Us page or via phone call at 1-800-440-0680.
How Do I Delete My Target Account?
Target doesn’t have a straightforward way of deleting online accounts. Instead, users need to contact Target customer support to request account deletion. There are several ways Target account owners can contact customer support, but we’ll be covering the easiest method below.
Use the Target Website
You can cancel your Target account via the official website by following the steps below:
- Visit the official Target website.
- Log in to the account you wish to delete.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the HELP button. You’ll be directed to another page.
- On the following page, select Contact Us. You’ll be directed to another page with a drop-down menu.
- Click on “Target.com Order Experience” from the “Choose a topic” drop-down menu.
- You’ll notice a red button that reads “Chat Now.” Click this button.
- A pop-up window will appear after you click on the button.
- Enter your name and optional information in the fields provided. Click the Chat button.
- After a few moments, a Target customer support agent will respond and ask how they can assist you.
- Speak with the customer support agent and specify that you need an account deletion. Provide any reasons why or additional details to ensure the process goes smoothly.
Send an Email
Emailing Target customer support directly is another way you can delete your Target account. Here are the steps:
- Launch the email address that is associated with your Target account.
- Compose a new email to the following address: email@example.com
- Enter “Request to Delete My Account” in the subject field.
- Compose the body of your email and request that all of your information be deleted from the Target database. Provide any additional details, reasons, or attachments to ensure the process goes smoothly.
Keep in mind that you may need to wait 24 hours or more to hear back from the Target Guest Relations email address, and your mileage will vary.
Other Ways to Contact Target Customer Support
There are several other ways you can contact Target customer support besides the methods mentioned above. Here are a few of the ways you can contact Target customer support:
- The ‘Contact Us’ page
- Calling Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680
- The ‘Let’s Chat’ page
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter at twitter.com/AskTarget
Target Contact Us Page
You can head over to the official Target Contact Us page to fill out a request form and receive additional assistance from a customer support representative. All you have to do is select a category from the drop-down menu and follow the prompts necessary.
Call Guest Services
You can call Target Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 to speak with a customer support representative directly. Calling guest services can be useful if you don’t have access to a stable internet connection or if you prefer speaking via voice communication.
However, you might have to go through some automated messaging systems before you can speak to a real person. Your experience will vary depending on several different factors.
Target Let’s Chat Page
You can use the official Target Let’s Chat page to speak with an online customer support representative. All you have to do is fill out your first name, last name, and email address and select the chat now button to be directed to an online message box.
From there, you can speak with an active customer support agent, describe your issue, and receive further assistance.
Delete Your Online Target Account
Unfortunately, there isn’t a simple way to delete an online Target account, and you’ll need to contact Target customer support for additional assistance. You can contact Target customer support at the Contact Us page or via phone call at 1-800-440-0680.
You can use the Contact Us page to select your issue, chat with an active customer support agent, and receive additional assistance. You can also call Target Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 to speak with an agent directly.