DoorDash has created an excellent way for customers across the United States to order takeout. However, many customers are complaining about software issues and payment errors.
DoorDash suffers from frequent software issues and malfunctions that frustrate customers, merchants, and delivery drivers alike. Thankfully, the delivery apps customer support team is in place to handle everyday problems.
Table of Contents
Why Did DoorDash Charge Me Twice?
You might have received duplicate charges from DoorDash due to a variety of reasons. Some of the most common causes for duplicate charges are canceled orders, software issues, and processing problems. If you were charged twice for a single order, the first thing you should do is contact DoorDash customer support.
What Can I Do?
Thankfully, you have multiple options if you’ve received duplicate charges from DoorDash. DoorDash has an active customer support team that offers refunds for orders that meet certain criteria. If you’ve been charged twice, follow these steps to start resolving your issue.
Contact DoorDash Customer Support
The first thing you should do if you’ve been charged twice by DoorDash is contacted their customer support team to speak with a representative. Keep in mind these agents may require additional information such as the restaurant, time of delivery, etc. Be sure to never give your account information out, even when speaking to a DoorDash agent.
File For a Refund
After you contact DoorDash customer support, you’ll need to file for a refund. It’s important to note not every order is eligible for a refund. DoorDash has certain criteria for reimbursements, whether they’re full payouts or partial credits.
Types of Refunds
DoorDash offers two types of refunds; refunds for missing items and incorrect orders. Your reimbursement will depend on the type of refund you’re submitting. Here are the differences between the two types of reimbursements:
- One or more items are missing entirely.
- Part of an item is missing, like an order of fries or a shake.
- Wrong item size delivered
- Inaccurate menu items delivered
- Special requests and instructions were not followed, such as extra sauce or less sauce.
- Menu items contained inaccurate ingredients that weren’t stated on the menu
How to File for a Refund
You can file a DoorDash refund from either the mobile app or desktop browser. Here’s how to submit a refund from both devices:
- Determine the order in question from the Orders section.
- Choose the “Help” button located near the right-hand corner of the screen
- Locate “Order Issues,” from the drop down menu, choose either “Missing items” or “Items made incorrectly,” depending on your circumstance
- Follow along with the guided prompts on the screen to finish
- Select the icon with three dotted lines located near the top left-hand corner of your browser.
- Choose the “Orders” button and select the order in question.
- Find the “Help” button near the right side of your browser
- View under “Order Issues,” and choose either “Missing items” or “Items made incorrectly,” depending on your situation
- Follow along with the guided prompts on the screen to finish submitting your refund.
How Long Will My Refund Take?
Your refund time will vary depending on when you submitted it, your bank, and other variables. Typically, the average wait time for a DoorDash refund is 3-5 days. Your reimbursement may read as “pending” while you’re waiting.
If you’re experiencing issues regarding your DoorDash refund, you should contact customer support. Alternatively, you can call and speak with your bank to resolve any issues on their end.
What Should I Do if DoorDash Charged Me Twice?
DoorDash most likely charged you twice due to a canceled order, software issues, or payment processing errors. If you’ve received duplicate charges from DoorDash, the first thing you should do is contact their customer support team. Afterward, you should file and submit a refund following the steps provided above.