Thousands of customers use a Walmart account to order groceries. But many customers wish to delete their accounts and subscriptions.
Here’s everything you need to know on permanently deleting your Walmart account and the steps you need to take.
Table of Contents
How to Close Walmart Account
You’ll need to contact Walmart customer support to permanently delete your account. There are several ways to contact Walmart customer support, including through your online account or by calling 1-800-966-6546. You’ll need your email, password, billing information, and more to permanently close your Walmart account.
Delete Your Walmart Account
Unfortunately, there isn’t a straightforward method for deleting a Walmart account. You’ll need to contact Walmart’s customer service team and request to delete your account. You’ll also need the following information:
- Your email address associated with your Walmart account
- Your Walmart account information, including password and username
- Your phone number associated with your Walmart account
- Your contact basic information, including your first and last name
Steps to Delete Your Walmart Account
- Open the official Walmart website. You’ll need to log into your account if you aren’t already.
- Select the profile icon on the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Select Help at the bottom of the dropdown menu.
- You’ll be directed to a new page. Select the computer icon under ‘Contact Us.’
- You’ll be directed to a new page. In the Choose Your Topic dropdown menu, select Shopping at Walmart.com
- Under What Can We Help You With? Select Manage Account from the dropdown menu.
- You’ll be directed to a new page. At the top of the page, select the email tab.
- You’ll be prompted to enter your first name, last name, phone number, email address, and the reason you’re contacting Walmart. Enter all of this information now and select “I would like to delete my account” under the reasons for contacting us. Select Submit.
- A pop-up menu will appear. Select the orange button that says “Ask an Agent for Help.”
- You’ll be directed to a new page with a confirmation notice. Copy the confirmation code on the screen for when you talk to customer support.
After you finish these steps, Walmart customer service will call you or send a notification email informing you that your account has been permanently closed. You might have to wait 24 hours or more to receive the confirmation. However, the timeframe will vary depending on the circumstance.
Is There an Easier Way to Delete My Walmart Account?
Unfortunately, there isn’t an easier way to permanently delete your Walmart account. You have to contact Walmart customer service by following the steps above or calling them directly. You’ll also need to wait for a confirmation email or phone call before your Walmart account is permanently closed.
What’s the Walmart Customer Support Phone Number?
Another way to get ahold of Walmart is to call them directly. You can contact Walmart customer support directly at the following phone number:
Keep in mind that you might need to go through an automated system and wait on hold before you can speak to an active Walmart customer support representative. The timeframe can vary, but it might take a few hours in some cases.
Canceling a Walmart Plus Subscription
In some cases, you might not want to permanently cancel your Walmart account but end your Walmart Plus subscription. You can close your Walmart Plus subscription on the mobile app by following the steps below:
- Open up your Walmart app.
- Select “Pickup and Delivery” from the home screen.
- You should notice three lines at the top left-hand corner of the screen. Click on the three lines.
- A window should open after you click on the three lines. Under “Pickup and Delivery,” you’ll notice “Walmart+.” Select “Walmart+.”
- A new screen will appear where you can see various pieces of information regarding your account. Scroll all the way down till you see “Cancel Walmart+ Trial or Account.” Select this option.
- Follow any of the prompts provided to cancel your Walmart+ subscription.
Keep in mind you can also change and adjust your account using the steps above. In some cases, there might be fees for canceling a Walmart Plus subscription, but your experience will vary.
How to Permanently Delete a Walmart Account
There are two ways you can permanently delete a Walmart account, but you’ll need to contact customer support with both options. You can call Walmart customer support directly at 1-800-966-6546. Or you can delete your account through the desktop website by following the steps above. You’ll need your email, password, billing information, and more to permanently close your Walmart account.