Each Walmart store employs an average of 225 employees. Walmart utilizes a point system to keep track of all its team members, ensuring they’re showing up on time.
There are considerations to keep in mind If you’re a Walmart employee. Here’s everything you need to know about the point-based attendance system and late policy at Walmart.
Table of Contents
What Are Walmart’s No Call No Show Points?
Walmart utilizes a point-based attendance process to track employee absences and tardies. Employees receive one point for every unexcused absence. Team members can accumulate points over time, and after a certain number of infractions, the employee can suffer disciplinary action and even termination.
What is Walmart Point Systems?
Walmart uses a point-based attendance system to keep track of employees. Walmart also utilizes a late policy that can lead to disciplinary action for employees who arrive late for their shifts. Here are some of the basics to keep in mind:
- Team members who arrive 15 minutes to two hours late for a shift accrue ½ a point.
- Team members who are late by over half of their shift receive 1 point.
- Team members who do not show up for a shift receive 2 points.
- Team members who leave a shift early might accrue ½ a point.
- Team members with unexpected absences during holiday seasons might accrue a maximum of 3 points.
- Team members with five or more points are terminated.
The Walmart point-based system and late policy are in place to keep employees on time and present for their shifts. This allows Walmart locations to operate smoothly and efficiently. However, these policies have received backlash from multiple sources.
How Do I Report an Absence?
Don’t panic if you need to report an absence or you’re running late for a shift. There are multiple ways you can report an absence or late schedule.
- You can head over to the official OneWalmart website and enter your absence or tardiness through the specified channel.
- You can also call the Walmart Associate Information Line at 1-800-775-5944.
- You can also call the Walmart store you work at to inform a manager that you will be late or absent from your shift.
Be sure you’re reporting any absences or late shifts to your supervisor as soon as possible to avoid further consequences. If you’re still unsure about the point system or what to do, talk to your manager for the most accurate information available.
How Long Do Points Last At Walmart?
Thankfully, infraction points at Walmart are not continuous. Points from absences and late shifts reset every six months. This allows employees some breathing room for unexpected emergencies or obligations.
Are Authorized Absences Counted as Points?
Luckily, any authorized absences are not counted as points. This means Walmart employees do not have to panic about getting fired for authorized time off. Here are some of the reasons an employee can receive authorized time off:
- Medical-related accommodations
- FMLA leave
How Many Absences Can I Have?
Walmart associates will be terminated if they receive more than five points in six months. The maximum points an employee can receive for an unexpected absence is 3 points during the holiday season. Absences are defined as working less than half of a scheduled shift. Here are some quick examples to keep in mind:
- Being more than two hours late to 5 shifts will get you fired.
- Ten late shifts will get you fired.
- Three absences or missing three shifts will get you fired.
- Missing two shifts and being late for 1-2 shifts will get you fired.
Will I Get Docked If I Leave Early?
In some cases, leaving a shift early can cost a Walmart associate points. Leaving shifts early might cause employees to receive half a point. However, you can speak with your manager for the most accurate information available.
How Many Points Will Get Me Fired?
Walmart team members can not receive more than five points in a six-month period. This means employees should not be absent for more than two whole shifts.
More on this topic here: how does Walmart fire you , Walmart pto vs ppto 2023 , what aisle is hand soap in Walmart (all this is updated with 2023 info).
In some cases, an employee will be fired for receiving 4 points if they’ve worked less than six months. However, you’ll need to speak to your supervisor to see if this rule applies to your store and circumstance.
No Call No Show Points at Walmart
Walmart utilizes a point-based attendance process to track employee absences and tardies. Employees cannot receive more than 5 points in a six-month period; otherwise, they will be terminated. Points can be added to an employee’s record in ranges of ½, 1, 2, and 3.
Be sure to speak to your supervisor for the most accurate information if you’re still unsure about the point system or your situation.