Walmart provides customers with over 120,000 products to choose from at each location, and during the COVID-19 pandemic, the company started providing curbside pickup services for select orders.
However, some items are marked ‘Not Available for Curbside Pickup’ on Walmart’s online store. Here’s everything you need to know and more.
Table of Contents
What Does ‘Not Available for Curbside’ Mean?
Some products on Walmart’s online store are marked as ‘Not Available for Curbside Pickup.’ This label means you can’t add these items to your curbside pickup order. The products might be out of stock in-store or at the warehouse level. The products might also be discontinued from the curbside program.
How Does Curbside Pickup Work?
Walmart’s Curbside Pickup allows customers to place orders online or through the mobile app and pick them up at a scheduled time slot at the curb or designated place outside your local Walmart. Walmart associates will shop for your items and load them into your car without any contact.
The program was launched a few years prior to 2020 and only included groceries. Since the COVID-19 pandemic, Walmart’s Curbside Pickup applies to nearly all eligible items from groceries, electronics, garden tools, and more.
How to Place an Order
Walmart’s Curbside Pickup service allows customers to place orders online and pick them up with ease. Here are the steps to place an order using Walmart’s service:
- First, you’ll need to create a Walmart account online or download and register using the free Walmart mobile app.
- You’ll need to provide your name, email address, password, payment details, and other criteria when creating your Walmart account.
- From there, you can use the official Walmart store locator to select a store that offers curbside services.
- Afterward, browse through Walmart’s products and select “pickup and delivery” near the top left menu.
- Now you can select eligible items, including groceries and non-food products.
- After completing your selection, you can choose pickup and select an hourly slot.
Keep in mind that you might need to check your order for any substitutions or unavailable products so you can make alterations before the pickup slot.
How to Pickup Curbside Orders
Now that you’ve placed your order, it’s time to pick up your items. Here are the steps for picking up Curbside orders at Walmart:
- Curbside Pickup orders are usually ready within four hours. However, times can vary depending on the store and might range from 8 AM to 8 PM.
- Be sure to arrive at your local Walmart at the designated time slot. You should notice signs or kiosks for curbside pickup or be altered through a notification.
- Park in the designated area and open up your trunk, as Walmart’s Curbside Pickup program is usually contact-free.
- You might need to show identification for select items such as alcohol or tobacco products.
If for whatever reason, you can’t pick up the order on time, you can designate someone else. However, they might need to bring a photo ID for verification purposes.
It’s also important to note that Walmart will issue a refund if your order has a price drop between when you placed the order and the pickup time.
If You Miss Your Pickup Window
Don’t panic if you can’t make it or miss your pickup window for curbside orders. Walmart states they will contact you to reschedule or cancel orders if you miss the time slot. However, you may be charged additional fees for missed orders.
How Much Does Curbside Pickup Cost?
Walmart Curbside Pickup orders have a minimum total of $35 before tax. However, there aren’t any additional fees for picking up curbside orders. There might be delivery fees that can depend on the timeslot you choose.
Customers who opt to have their groceries delivered might be charged fees ranging from $7.95 to $9.95 in some cases. Customers can also receive free shipping by becoming a Walmart+ member for an annual fee of $12.95.
Do You Need to Tip?
Walmart states that it isn’t necessary to tip the associate who loads your order. These Walmart employees should be paid an hourly wage that isn’t dependent on tips, unlike waitresses.
However, if you can spare a few dollars, the employee is sure to greatly appreciate it. If you can’t, be sure to be kind, warm, and appreciative.
‘Not Available for Curbside Pickup’ at Walmart
Walmart offers Curbside Pickup services that allow customers to place orders online or through the mobile app and pick them up at a scheduled time slot at the curb or designated place outside your local Walmart.
Unfortunately, some items are marked as ‘Not Available for Curbside Pickup.’ This label means you can’t add these items to your curbside pickup order. The products might be out of stock in-store or at the warehouse level. The products might also be discontinued from the curbside program.