Newegg is one of the largest online technology retailers available, and the company processes thousands of orders a day. Some customers need to cancel their online purchases.
Here’s everything you need to know on canceling an online Newegg order before it ships after it’s delivered, and everything in between.
Table of Contents
Canceling a Newegg Order
Newegg allows its customers to cancel product orders without any additional costs. Customers can cancel online purchases as long as the order hasn’t shipped and is in the processing phase. You’ll need to log into your Newegg account, find the order, and select cancel to complete the cancellation process.
How Do I Cancel a Newegg Order?
Canceling an online Newegg order is incredibly straightforward and takes no time at all. You might need your order number, email address, zip code, and other basic information. Here are the steps to cancel a Newegg order:
- Visit the official Find My Order page. Enter your order number, email address, and zip code to find your order. Select the Cancel Order button next to the order in question.
- Alternatively, you can log into your Newegg profile.
- After you log into your account, select the account button on the right side of the search bar.
- Click on View Orders located in the Orders section.
- Find the order in question that you want to cancel.
- Select the Cancel Order option. You might need to specify the reason for cancellation and select the submit button to finish.
Keep in mind that you can’t un-cancel an order if you select the Cancel Order button. Newegg will not reserve any products or prices if you change your mind.
Why Can’t I Cancel My Order?
Unfortunately, your Newegg delivery is past the packaging stage if you don’t see the Cancel Order option or you’re unable to cancel the order. Thankfully, there are a few options if you run into this scenario:
- You can set up a return or refund for eligible products once you receive the package, as long as your purchase was sold and shipped by Newegg. You can also refuse delivery and find out more information by clicking here.
- You will have to contact the Marketplace seller directly to cancel an order before it’s shipped if you purchased a product from a third-party distributor. However, cancellation is not guaranteed. But you can request a refund for eligible products once you receive the package.
How to Return an Online Newegg Order
Newegg offers self-help features that allow customers to easily return products online. Here are the steps to begin returning an item on Newegg:
- First, log into your Newegg account and locate the order from your order history. You can also locate orders using the Find Your Order page if you purchased as a guest.
- If your products qualify, choose Refund or Replace on the right side of the item. Choose your items and select tracking.
- After, click the reason for your return and complete the prompted information field with a detailed description of your reimbursement.
- Finally, select Submit Return. You’ll be notified with steps to prepare your order for reimbursement and a return label if one is necessary.
Further information will be sent to your email address if there’s a related shipment error. Your Newegg return will be processed in two to four business days after it’s received. You will be notified via email when your return is completed.
How to Check the Status of a Newegg Order on the App
Newegg orders take around one to two business days to finish processing before they leave the warehouse, including Marketplace purchases. You will receive an email once your order has been placed and after it’s out for delivery. You can check the status of your order using the following steps.
Checking the Status
From the Newegg app, scroll down to the bottom and click “Account.” You’ll have the following options once you’re on the Account page:
- You can select “Order History” to locate detailed information on delivery.
- You can select Prepared, Shipped, or Returns icons to locate any orders that qualify in these tabs. You’ll notice a number next to these buttons that inform you how many orders are in each category.
You can inspect the orders you placed, update declined transactions, and inspect return details from the Order History tab. You can also select an order to see more Order Details if necessary.
Selecting an order from the Order History page will link you to Order Details and more information. You could inspect the tracking status, tracking codes, the associated addresses, prices, discounts used, and the seller’s name if you purchased from the Newegg Marketplace.
You will gain access to additional information on where a package is located if you select the tracking code for an order.
Can You Cancel a Newegg Order
Yes, Newegg allows its customers to cancel online orders without any additional charges. Customers can cancel online purchases as long as the order hasn’t shipped and is in the processing phase. You’ll need to log into your Newegg account, find the order, and select cancel to complete the cancellation process.
If you used a guest account, you could also visit the official Find My Order page. Enter your order number, email address, and zip code to find your order. Select the Cancel Order button next to the order in question to finish the process.